Saturday, September 26-October 10th,2015
(Photos by Jill Futter)
Yoga on Solid Ground: learning useful tools and easy poses to undo anxiety
Stress is normal in our speedy times and in this high intensity town. In small doses, it can help us perform under pressure and motivate us to do our best. Stress and anxiety become problematic when they linger, interfere with sleep, relationships, and the ability to function and live fully.
If you feel like you are constantly running in emergency mode, experiencing general anxiety, or panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias or post traumatic stress, this workshop will give you some tools to help you calm and ground your body and your mind.
The workshop includes:
- Discussion of anxiety and fear and their origin
- Learning about stress and anxiety manifestations on body and mind and how the body impacts the mind and mind impacts body
- Learning tools that will help you distinguish between real threat and fears that come from specters of past and future.
- Learning grounding and stabilising asanas
- Learning breathing practices to calm and balance your nerves system
- Introduction to meditation
Each session will leave room for discussion and questions at the beginning and at the end. Homework will be given at the end of each session to help you practice and maintain the different practices you will be learning.
Saturday’s September 26th, October 3rd and October 10th
1:00pm – 2:30pm
Cost $135 for series
254 Windsor Pl,Brooklyn,NY 11215